What do you think of Sunrisers Hyderabad squad?
Sunrisers Hyderabad (Strongest XI)
After this auction, they look like one of the most balanced squads around. Though they let go of their star opener Shikhar Dhawan, David Warner’s return boosts the squad that ended up in the finals. We look down at the strongest combination for the Sunrisers Hyderabad for South African and Indian leg.
1.1 Top Order (Number 1, 2 and 3) - SRHs first-choice opening combination will be David Warner and Wriddhiman Saha. After a ban in 2018, David Warner returns to Sunrisers Hyderabad. The attacking opener has been prolific in IPL with 4014 runs in 114 matches at a strike rate of 142. Warner will bear the responsibility to provide quick starts in the absence of Shikhar Dhawan.
Wriddhiman Saha is one of the best keepers in the current game. Coupled with his more than decent batting, Saha remains the best choice behind wickets despite Jonny Bairstow giving him tough competition. Nursing from an injury, Saha is expected to be fit by the time IPL begins.
David Warner will leave IPL by May 2, Martin Guptill comes in his place to replace him. In T20s, he has hit 779 runs in 24 matches at a strike rate of 139.
The position of No. 3 - Kane Williamson comes in as the first choice No. 3 batsman for Sunrisers. Kane Williamson perfectly replaced David Warner last year with him leading from the front. Hitting 735 runs in 17 matches, Williamson will continue to lead the side. Also, he will be available throughout the tournament.
Guptill replaces Warner in the Indian leg of the tournament.
2. Middle Order (Number 4, 5 and 6) - Sunrisers Hyderabad’s middle order in South African conditions is Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, and Deepak Huda. Manish Pandey had a horrid time in 2018. Still, SRH put their faith in Manish Pandey after retaining him. Pandey will be itching to repay the trust by putting a good show in 2019.
Shakib Al Hasan proved to be a perfect ally for Rashid Khan in 2018. In 11 T20s Shakib picked up 15 wickets in 2018 alone. The only concern is that he is only available till 15 April.
Mohammad Nabi will then replace him int the team.
SRH retained Deepak Huda, who also had a disappointing season in 2018. He will be given the responsibility to finish matches.
3. Lower Order (Number 7, 8 and 9) - Yusuf Pathan is at No. 7. Yusuf Pathan put in some crucial performances in 2018 and SRH would like him to build on them. He can be destructive on his day and makes it to the starting XI of our team.
Afghan spinner Rashid Khan comes in at No. 8. Rashid Khan has established himself at the top of T20 bowlers with 22 wickets in 8 matches in 2018 alone. Also, he has worked on his batting and is a hard-hitting lower order batsman.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar only played 12 matches in 2018 but is a crucial member of SRH. His ability with the new ball and the death makes him stand out from the rest.
If Yusuf Pathan does not hit his form, Vijay Shankar takes his place as he comes back to SRH this year after spending a year with Delhi. Shankar could be a good option on seaming pitches.
The backup for Bhuvneshwar Kumar the team is Sandeep Sharma. BCCI has indicated that the participation of Team India regular fast bowlers will be limited. Sandeep Sharma is the ideal choice to rest Bhuvi as he has already proved it in 2018.
Lower order remains same for both the legs
4. Bowlers (No. 10 and No. 11) - For the South African leg, SRH have 2 domestic pacers in their attack in Sidharth Kaul and Khaleel Ahmed. Kaul was so prolific with the ball, he earned himself a national team call-up. He picked 21 wickets in 17 matches last season and makes it into the side.
Khaleel Ahmed only played a single match last season but after debuting for India, he has come a long way and will be a starter in this season.
Backup Pacers - Billy Stanlake is an excellent T20 bowler but misses out just because of the 4 overseas players’ limit. For him to play, Shakib sits out and Vijay Shankar/ Abhishek Sharma will take up the place in the middle order.
Important Notes -
1) Jonny Bairstow misses out on a place as the best combination for overseas players is Warner, Williamson, Rashid, and Shakib.
2) SRH have all departments covered and have got good backup players for every situation
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD BEST XI - SOUTH AFRICAN LEG
David Warner ✈️
Kane Williamson ✈️
Shakib Al Hassan ✈️
Rashid Khan ✈️
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD BEST XI - INDIAN LEG
Martin Guptill ✈️
Kane Williamson ✈️
Mohammad Nabi ✈️
Rashid Khan ✈️