India vs Australia, Statistical Highlights - India’s first ODI series loss at home since 2015
By Cricnwin Staff
Usman Khawaja's century and a splendid show from bowlers helped Australia beat India by 35 runs in the fifth and final ODI at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium, Delhi on Wednesday (March 13). With the win, Australia clinched the five-match series 3-2.
Here’s a look at the statistical highlights –
1. This was just the fifth instance of a team winning an ODI series after losing the first two games. The other teams to achieve this feat are South Africa (twice), Bangladesh and Pakistan.
2. The series defeat was India's first at home since October 2015.
3. Before this, India last lost three ODIs in a row at home in 2009, against the same opposition.
4. This was Australia’s first series win in the format since 2017.
5. Pat Cummins finished with 14 wickets in five games - the joint-most by an Australia bowler in any bilateral series after Mitchell Johnson and Clint McKay.
6. Usman Khawaja top-scored in the series to walk away with the Man-of-the-Series award. His tally of 383 runs is the most by any batsman against India in a bilateral series of five or fewer matches.